Renew your Garden Plat by March 23, 2012.
New gardeners may start renting a plot on Monday, March 26, 2012
Garden plots are available at Sunnyside Park. Cost is $30 for the growing season. Reserve your site by calling 509-338-3227.
Stipulations and Agreements
- GENERAL: For a $30.00 per season use fee, payable at the time of the garden plot reservation, the City of Pullman will rent to the below named person or group. One plot of earth located in Sunnyside Park for the sole purpose of vegetable/flower gardening. This fee covers the cost of spring and fall roto-tilling, initial weed control, and water expenses within the garden plot(s).
- TIME SPAN: Depending upon spring soil and weather conditions, the assigned plot may be used from approximately April 15 through October 15 of this year.
- SITE CONDITIONS: The plots are laid out, marked, and roto-tilled initially by the City (a map is available from the Parks & Recreation office). The ground is good black loam on a gentle north slope unobstructed from the sun. Garden plots will share the water sources. Access to the nearest parking area is off the Wawawai Road. Proceed up the Colfax Highway and turn left at the Hilltop Inn, or go to the end of West Main then left 200 feet. Vehicles are not allowed in the park. It is approximately 300 feet to the gardening area from where you park. You will have to carry in your gardening supplies, tools, and hose.
- MAINTENANCE STIPULATIONS: Please do not dig or stake anywhere outside of your designated plot(s). We have plastic irrigation pipes in the area that puncture easily. (If the lines are puncture your are responsible for the cost of repairs). You may erect a low chicken wire fence or something similar, if you like, around your plot(s), and/or trellises for vine crops.
- Be a good gardening neighbor and keep your plot neat and weed free. Garden wastes should be deposited at an identified location near the parking lot, and it will be hauled away. Gardeners are responsible for keeping the garden area neat and clutter free. Caution: No restricted use pesticides are permitted within your garden plot. Off the shelf gardening supplies and chemicals are permitted. Remember that caution is required in the use and disposal of chemicals and their containers. In the fall, please remove your garden wastes and fences. WE WILL DISPOSE OF ANY REMAINING MATERIAL AFTER OCTOBER 15TH.
- RELEASE FROM RESPONSIBILITY: Upon signing this contract, you are releasing the City of Pullman from any responsibility for the loss or destruction of any garden produce, tools, or enclosures by any means at any time during the gardening season. We cannot and will not be policing the garden sites. Necessary park maintenance (which may include the use of chemicals to control noxious weeds) will be occurring in the park and around the garden areas.