Elder Abuse

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 09:11

Like many other crimes, Elder Abuse or Neglect can take many different forms; physical abuse, sexual abuse, theft, financial exploitation, bullying and withholding basic necessities of life. This can occur to elders or other vulnerable adults. The police department investigates these complaints whether they occur in a private home or at a living facility. Other state agencies may also investigate, and many times there will be a coordinated investigation by agencies. Access the following links to learn more about vulnerable adult abuse and prevention. If you suspect someone is abusing or neglecting an elder, or need to talk about a situation where someone may be being harmed, please call the Pullman Police at (509) 332-2521.

Adult Protective Services

Adult Protective Services (APS) investigates allegations of abuse of a person who lives in their own home. Read more about APS by clicking here. To contact APS, call 1-800-459-0421 (TTY) or (509) 568-3086.

Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program

The Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program protects and promotes quality of life for people living in licensed, long-term adult care facilities. Read more about them by clicking here.

Long Term Care Ombudsman – Whitman County

Linda Petrie
Eastern Washington LTC Ombudsman
500 S. Stone
Spokane, WA 99202
(509) 456-7133 or 1-800-660-7133
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.