- Contact Pullman PD
- Report a Crime/Incident
- Online Services
- News & Statistics
- About Pullman PD
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Safety Camera Initiative (SCI)
- Department Services
- Community Programs
- Crime Prevention
- Alcohol Laws/Enforcement
- Block Watch
- Can You ID Me?
- Child Abuse/Neglect
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse/Neglect
- Fighting Ordinance
- Identity Theft and Fraud
- Nuisance Ordinance
- Property Crimes
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Sexual Assault
- Social Media
- Vehicle Prowls
- Vehicle Theft
- Emergency Preparedness
- Firearms Safety
- Traffic Safety
- Animal Control
- Nuisance Ordinance & Enforcement
- Property & Evidence
- Public Records
- Licenses, Permits, Registrations
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Laws & Resources
- Documents & Forms
- Staff Directory
Nuisance Control Code Goals
Pullman’s motto is “High Tech, Higher Education and Highest Quality of Life.” Let’s work together to maintain a community with the highest quality of life. Nuisance code violations not only detract from our beautiful community, but evidence suggests that allowing these type of violations to continue unabated results in increased nuisances and can even lead to more serious crimes. Fixing problems when they’re “small” helps us to maintain the high quality of life we have come to enjoy in Pullman.
The Nuisance Control Code also addresses conditions in the physical environment that interfere with the enjoyment of public or private property. In particular, it prohibits certain specifically defined conditions that negatively affect Pullman’s scenic attractiveness, livability and economic welfare; that degrade the character of neighborhoods; and that often lead to the depreciation of property values.
Examples of Nuisance Violations
- Storing junk exposed to view from any public place
- Accumulation of building materials or other objects that endangers safety or is an attractive nuisance
- Existence of offensive or dangerous accumulation of weeds, trash, lawn or yard trimmings, etc.
- Obstruction to any street, alley, or sidewalk
- Fence adjacent to a street or sidewalk in an unsafe condition
- Visible Un-mounted vehicle tires, vehicle bodies or parts
- Visible bed mattresses, water heaters, household appliances, damaged or discarded furniture
- Graffiti (to report graffiti, please click here)
Online Complaint Submissions
The Pullman Police Department welcomes online nuisance complaint submissions as long as they are not an imminent public hazard. In the event of an imminent public hazard, please call Whitcom at (509) 332-2521 so an Officer can respond as quickly as possible. To determine if your complaint qualifies as a nuisance, refer to Pullman City Code 5.01 Pullman Nuisance Control Code.
Online Submission Process
Nuisance complaints will be assigned to a Code Enforcement Officer in the order they are received. In most cases, the initial investigation will be conducted within three (3) days; resolution times will vary depending on the complexity of the complaint.
Code Enforcement Officers work with responsible parties to educate them on city nuisance regulations in order to achieve and maintain voluntary compliance. If the nuisance persists, we may proceed with notice(s) of infraction, court actions, or civil penalties. Ultimately, the city may decide to abate the nuisance at the expense of the responsible party.
- Your name, address and phone number.* Code Enforcement Officers may need to contact you for additional details or to discuss possible solutions.
- Street address where the violation is located. If the physical address is unknown, describe the location as specifically as possible.
- Specific description of the violation.
- If you want to be notified of the disposition. Please provide a phone number or email address so we can contact you.
All required information must be submitted; otherwise an investigation may not be initiated.
* Indicate in your submission if you wish to remain anonymous. Although you must still provide your personal information, it will not be disclosed to anyone and will be kept confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Report Non-Urgent Nuisance Violations Online
- Report graffiti by clicking here.
- Submit requests for all other nuisance investigations by clicking here.