Concealed Pistol License

Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 May 2018 10:24


Effective June 21, 2017

Due to significantly reduced staffing levels, the Pullman Police Department has had to reduce the hours that general fingerprinting services are provided to the public.  

The only exception to this policy will be for individuals who need to be fingerprinted to apply for a new (original) concealed pistol license (CPL).  Original CPL applications will only be processed:

  • Tuesday-Friday
    • 9:00am-11:00am
    • 2:00pm-4:00pm

Renewal and Replacement CPL applications, which do not require fingerprinting, can be processed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.


Applying for a Concealed Pistol License

Citizens who live within the city limits of Pullman and those who live out of state are eligible to apply for a Washington Concealed Pistol License at the Pullman Police Department.

Citizens who live outside the city limits will need to apply with the Whitman County Sheriff’s Office located in Colfax.  *All non-US citizens must also apply with the Whitman County Sheriff’s office. 

We accept applications Monday through Friday 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m..  You will need to fill out an application and all original applicants will be fingerprinted at the time of application.  You will want to allow approximately 20 minutes for the entire process.  You should receive your laminated permit in the mail within 30 days. 

What is the License Fee?

Please be aware that CPL applications can be denied or revoked due to a prohibiting violation.  Money paid is non-refundable.    

Non-Us Citizens and Aliens Firearms License

Who needs to obtain a two year Aliens Firearms License?
The non-immigrant alien who is temporarily residing in Washington, such as:

Q: Who does not need to have this Alien License?

Q: Where do you apply for an Alien Firearm License?

Frequently Asked Questions:
Where is my CPL valid?
Where can I find firearms safety classes? 
Are there nearby areas where I can practice shooting?
What are the rules about firearms on WSU campus?

Find information about concealed weapons reciprocity here.

For more information, contact the Washington State Department of Licensing at or contact the Pullman Police Department at 509-334-0802.