Environmental Resilience Commission
DRAFT MissionTo develop and recommend innovative and collaborative actions for the City and community to mitigate climate change contributions and build equity, resiliency, and sustainability.
To advance environmental stewardship for a more healthy, equitable, and resilient local and global community now and for future generations.
DRAFT Environmental Resilience Commission Goals
- Be a resource to and collaborate with City Officials and staff on climate and sustainability initiatives.
- Prioritize resilience, equity, environmental justice, and further transformation toward sustainability.
- Develop a Climate Action Plan to identify practical and achievable policies and actions for the City and Community (e.g., create and reach emissions reduction goals, monitor and adapt to climate impact, etc.).
- Engage and educate the entire community to gather input and encourage and promote action on climate and environmental sustainability.
- Define ethics for preserving green spaces, environmental features, and natural areas.
MembershipSeven (7) members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. The Environmental Resilience Commission shall select a chairperson and secretary from among its members.
Commission members shall be appointed to fill terms as follows:
- Three (3) for one (1) year
- Two (2) for two (2) years
- Two (2) for three (3) years
Thereafter, all appointments shall be for a term of four (4) years.
Meets the 1st Friday of each month at 3:00 p.m. in Council Chambers located at 190 SE Crestview Street, Building A, Pullman, WA 99163. All meetings of the commission shall be open to the public.
It shall be the duty of the Commission to seek private donations and grants to fund special events, outreach, and/or other activities associated with the Commission's mission, vision, or goals. The Commission shall propose recommendations, policies, etc., to the City Council for review and adoption on a mutually-determined as-needed basis.
The minutes of each meeting shall (without limitation) contain its recommendations to the City Council. A copy of these minutes shall be forwarded to the City Administrator for delivery to the City Council.
Ordinance NO. 22-22