Resident & Visitor Information

Parking Stock  Dog Stock

Online Reporting

Graffiti or nuisance code violations may be reported by completing the form below.
Other non-emergency issues should be reported via dispatch at 509-332-2521
If this is an emergency, call 911. 


Parking Information
College Hill Core Parking Restrictions
Each winter, the narrow roadways and on-street parking in the College Hill core area add to the already difficult job of City of Pullman Maintenance & Operations staff, who work to complete seasonal maintenance tasks. As snow, ice, and debris build up, it becomes increasingly difficult to clear narrow roadways, often resulting in streets reduced to a single lane of travel. In some cases, roadways become impassible, restricting access for residents, visitors, and emergency vehicles. These challenges are compounded by the high volume of vehicles present while WSU is in session.

In order to improve City services by facilitating snow, gravel, and leaf removal, Pullman City Council has approved a new ordinance (12.17.010), restricting parking in portions of the College Hill core area during the WSU fall, winter, and spring breaks. Parking is now restricted on the following streets, between the hours of 2 a.m. and 9 a.m. during WSU breaks:

NE Colorado Street from NE D Street to NE Opal Street
NE Campus Street from NE Opal Street to NE B Street
NE B Street from NE Colorado Street to NE California Street
NE California Street from NE B Street to NE Ruby Street
NE Maiden Lane from NE Whitman Street to NE Opal Street
NE D Street from NE Colorado Street to NE Alpha Road
NE C Street from NE Colorado Street to NE Alpha Road

College Hill Parking Restrictions Map
NE A Street from NE Colorado Street to California Street
NE Maple Street from NE Campus to NE Colorado Street
NE Linden Street from NE B Street to NE Monroe Street
Downtown Parking
The core downtown streets of Pullman are restricted to two-hour parking. There are some long-term parking lots where parking is available for extended periods. Overnight parking (3 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is restricted on all downtown streets and parking lots, to accommodate street maintenance efforts.

The two-hour parking restriction is enforced Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Downtown parking restrictions are not enforced on Sundays, holidays, or under special circumstances approved by the Chief of Police.

A limited number of parking permits are available for certain City-owned parking lots. There are some restrictions as to who can purchase permits for specific lots. Residential downtown permits are also available to residents who live in the downtown area, but are valid only in the lots on NE Spring Street and at the corner of N Grand and NW Whitman Streets.

With the exception of residential permits, overnight parking (3 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited, even with a permit.

Persons with disabilities, who have a valid state-issued handicap placard, may park for extended periods in the downtown area. (The 3 a.m. - 6 a.m. parking restriction still applies.) In order to avoid an infraction, the placard must be clearly visible to officers, and the vehicle must be legally parked. (Note: WSU-issued handicap permits are not valid for use off-campus.)

View Downtown Parking Map
How to Pay a Parking Ticket
If you receive a parking ticket from the Pullman Police Department, you have three options:

  1. Pay it
    • Payment may be submitted in one of three ways:
      • Online: To pay a ticket online with a credit or debit card, please visit the Citation Processing Center. Note that the Citation Processing Center will assess an additional transaction fee of $3.50 for online payment.
      • By Phone: Tickets may be paid over the phone with a debit or credit card by calling 1-800-989-2058. Live customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8am to 5pm, with the exception of holidays. To make a payment outside of these hours, there is an Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) option available. Note that the Citation Processing Center will assess an additional transaction fee of $3.50 for payment by phone.
      • By Mail: A check made out to "City of Pullman" may be mailed to the address indicated on your ticket or notice letter. Please do not send cash in the mail.
      • In Person: Payment by cash or check is accepted at the Pullman Police Department. Our station lobby is open and staffed 24/7 at 260 SE Kamiaken Street.
  2. Contest it - You believe that the ticket was issued in error and/or that you did not commit the violation.
    • To contest a ticket, you must respond within fifteen (15) working days, by checking the appropriate box on the back of the ticket, providing the requested information, and mailing it to the Pullman Police Department (260 SE Kamiaken Street, Pullman, WA 99163). You may also contact us by phone at 509-334-0802.  
    • Failure to respond to the ticket within the allotted time period results in the forfeiture of your right to a hearing, making you responsible to pay the ticket in full.
  3. Mitigate it - The ticket was issued correctly, and you committed the violation, but you believe that there were mitigating circumstances that should be considered.
    • To mitigate a ticket, you must respond within fifteen (15) working days, by checking the appropriate box on the back of the ticket, providing the requested information, and mailing it to the Pullman Police Department at 260 SE Kamiaken, Pullman, WA 99163. You may also contact us by telephone at 509-334-0802.
    • Failure to respond to the ticket within the allotted time period results in the forfeiture of your right to a hearing, making you responsible to pay the ticket in full.
Still have questions?
Please contact Code Enforcement at 509-334-0802.
Parking Fines
The State of Washington authorizes local entities to establish fines for civil parking infractions. The purpose of enforcement is to encourage and gain compliance with parking regulations.

In 2018, Pullman City Council passed a resolution to increase parking fine amounts to gain compliance with parking regulations, and to better align fine amounts in Pullman with those of similarly-sized entities in Washington and Idaho.

Parking Fines Schedule
Special Event & WSU Game Day Parking
For campus parking options on WSU Football weekends, including maps and Park & Ride information, visit WSU Transportation Services
96-Hour Parking Ordinance
Pullman City Code (PCC 12.25.030) indicates that a vehicle parked on a city streets must be used for its intended purpose, and shall not be stored on the City's right-of-way. Therefore, the City of Pullman designated 96-hours, or four (4) days, in which a vehicle may be stored. After this period, the vehicle may be declared a public nuisance, subject to a fine, and may be towed away at the owner's expense.

Vehicles are defined as any motorized or non-motorized device capable of being moved upon a public street. This includes RVs, fifth-wheel trailers, and utility trailers. Un-mounted campers or canopies may not be stored on the street for any length of time, and are subject to immediate removal by the Pullman Police Department.

Most violations of the 96-hour parking ordinance are reported by the public to dispatch. At the time that the complaint is received, the vehicle will be chalked, tagged, and observed. After the allotted 96-hour period has expired, the vehicle will be issued a ticket and then removed.

If a vehicle appears to be abandoned, or has not moved for a long period of time, the public may report the violation by contacting Whitcom Non-Emergency Dispatch at 509-332-2521.
Other Helpful Information
Lost & Found
Pullman PD has teamed up with Foundrop, a free service that helps recover lost and stolen property. Simply search "Pullman" on the Foundrop website to view found property.

If you have located property that was lost by someone else, we are glad to assist you. Visit the Pullman Police Department lobby at 260 SE Kamiaken Street to turn found property over to Police Department staff.
Emergency Notification System
Whitman County and the City of Pullman are working together to keep you and your family safe and informed. Information is your lifeline. From fires and severe weather events, to urgent evacuation notification, you need information to make the best decisions for your family. Sign up for Pullman emergency notifications through Everbridge today to receive free emergency notifications from Whitman County and the City of Pullman. 

When an alert is issued, messages will be sent to all standard voice and text communication devices, including land line phones, cell phones, email, and more. If you don't confirm receipt of the message, the system will try to reach your second contact number or email, and will continue working to contact you until it receives confirmation.

The success of this system relies on you. Registration is easy and takes only a few minutes.

Citizens listed in the County's 9-1-1 database will be automatically subscribed to emergency alerts via their home phone. Any citizen may also self-register, provide additional contact information for other devices, modify priority of means of contact, or elect additional alert destinations.
Animal Control
Animal Control is handled by Pullman PD Code Enforcement officers, who respond to complaints and perform routine patrols of the City to ensure that animal regulations are being followed. If you live in Pullman and have pets, or are moving to Pullman with pets, be sure to familiarize yourself with these regulations. 

Rabies Vaccine
All dogs or cats 6 months and older must have a current rabies vaccination. Proof of vaccination shall be in the form of a veterinary certificate and is required for City of Pullman licensing. Owners are expected to keep up with routine rabies vaccinations.

Dog licenses are required for all dogs 6 months and older, and residing within the City of Pullman for more than 30-days. Cats are not required to be licensed, but licenses are available at the owner's discretion.

Leash Law
All dogs are required to be securely leashed while off of the owner's private property. Leashing pets helps to protect the safety of the dog, as well as the public.

Dog Park
The Whitman County Humane Society opened an off-leash "Pooch Park" in 2013, providing a safe atmosphere where dogs may run and play. There are no other areas within city limits where dogs can be exercised off-leash.

Penalties for Common Animal Control Violations
Rabies Vaccination Required: $100
Dog Running-at-Large: $100
Dog Control Leash Required: $100
Dog License Required: $100
Animal Disturbance Noise: $50 each daytime offense, $50 each night-time offense (increases by $50 for each subsequent offense)
Animal Attempting to Bite: $150
Animal Biting: $250
Failure to Comply with Dangerous Dog Regulations: $150 each offense

Places Where Dogs are Prohibited
Fairmount Cemetary
Lawson Gardens
Ponds at Sunnyside Park
Harrison Street Tot Lot

Animal Noise
Animal noise is enforced 24-hours a day. Dog owners should be mindful that tolerance for animal noises varies greatly, and should take measures to prevent their animal(s) from disturbing the public.

Cleaning Up After Pets
Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets in public places, and are required to carry with them the necessary materials. Pullman's Nuisance Ordinance also prohibits the build-up of animal waste on private property.

Cat Regulations
Cats are not regulated by City Code, except that they are required to be vaccinated against rabies. Cats are permitted to roam freely, and stray cats will not be taken by Code Enforcement or the Whitman County Humane Society, unless the animal has a serious injury or other extenuating circumstances exist, and the owner is unknown.

Zoning Limitations on Type/Number of Animals
The type and number of pets, including household pets, fowl, and large domestic animals, allowed at any given home is regulated by City zoning. For specific information about these regulations, please contact the Planning Department at (509) 338-3213.
Nuisance Ordinance
Nuisance code violations not only detract from our beautiful Pullman community, but evidence suggests that allowing these types of violations to continue unabated results in increased nuisances and a potential for more serious criminal activity. Fixing problems while they are small helps us to maintain the high quality of life that we all know and love.

The Nuisance Control Code addresses conditions in the physical environment that interfere with the enjoyment of public or private property. In particular, it prohibits certain specifically defined conditions that negatively affect Pullman's scenic attractiveness, livability and economic welfare; that degrade the character of neighborhoods; and that often lead to the depreciation of property values.


  • Storing junk exposed to view from any public place
  • Accumulation of building material or other objects that endanger safety and/or are an unattractive nuisance
  • Existence of offensive or dangerous accumulation of weeds, trash, lawn or yard trimmings, etc.
  • Obstruction to any street, alley, or sidewalk
  • Unsafe fencing adjacent to street or sidewalk
  • Visible un-mounted vehicle bodies, tires, or parts
To determine whether something qualifies as a nuisance, see Pullman City Code 5.01.  

Need to report a nuisance violation? Complete the online report form to the right, or call non-emergency dispatch at (509) 332-2521.
Recreational Drones (UAS)
Recreational drone pilots must abide by specific rules, created to ensure public safety and protect airspace: 

  • You must register your drone with the FAA. Carry proof of registration with you while flying.
  • Fly for recreational purposes only.
  • Fly at or below 400 feet (in uncontrolled airspace).
  • Comply with FAA Remote ID requirement.
  • Obtain authorization before flying in controlled airspace. Use the B4UFly Mobile App to determine airspace classification. 
  • Maintain line of sight with drone/UAS, or use a spotter. 
  • Do not fly at night, unless equipment is specially designed to allow for proper visualization and tracking. (See the Operations Over People rule for more information about nighttime flights.)
  • Never interfere with the flight path of a manned aircraft. 
  • Never fly over a person or moving vehicle, except as allowed by the Operations Over People rule, effective April 21, 2021.
  • Do not interfere with emergency response activities (accident response, law enforcement, firefighting, disaster relief, search and rescue, etc.)
  • Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 
  • Operate your drone/UAS in a careful manner at all times. 
For more information about FAA regulations, please call 1-844-FLY-MY-UA.

Violating any of the rules outlined by the FAA could result in criminal or civil penalties. Visit the FAA website for the latest information about legal requirements. 

Please see our drone brochure for additional information. 
Recreational Marijuana
According to Washington State law: 

Individuals twenty-one years and older are legally authorized to possess and use: 
1 oz. of usable marijuana
16 oz. of marijuana-infused product in solid form; or
72 oz. of marijuana-infused product in liquid form
Marijuana-related drug paraphernalia

Individuals are still subject to criminal prosecution for: 
Possession in amounts greater than those listed above
Possession of any quantity or kind of marijuana or marijuana-infused product by a person under twenty-one years of age

To display, open, or use marijuana in public is a class three civil infraction. 
Landlord-Tenant Information
The Residential Landlord-Tenant Act governs issues related to the lease of rental properties. This means that both, property owners and tenants have specific rights and responsibilities under Washington State law.

The following are great resources for understanding your role as a landlord or tenant; gathering information related to low-income, disabled, or senior housing resources; or identifying local contacts who are knowledgeable about the Landlord-Tenant Act:

Palouse Resource Guide
The Palouse Resource Guide is an online directory operated by Whitman County Public Health. The guide helps to connect community members with available resources such as mental and behavioral health providers, financial and legal assistance, victim services, disability supports, and much more.
Ada Icon